Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekend update

Not much to report on the finished project front, I am afraid.  It's like I have a real day job and can't spend all of my time crafting.  I really miss summer.  :)

Team SpiritOur school colors are maroon and gold, and I happen to have a Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf that I usually wear for school spirit events.  I saw this yarn in the store and bought some of the maroon-gold stripe.  I crocheted a quick striped hat to go with the scarf (as in, started yesterday evening and finished today), so I now get to be festive from head down.  If I find myself helping to supervise another football game this year, at least I can keep my head warm.  The pattern is located at this link, and it's a pretty easy pattern to follow.  Since I have a fairly large head (insert all jokes and snarky comments here), I used a K hook instead of the pattern's recommended I.  I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.  It fits my head, so all's well on that front.


In other activities, I went to a Chinese cooking class this morning, took a nap, watched the Relief Society Broadcast, cleaned up, worked on the hat, made dinner, and changed the sheets on my bed.  I think I'm ready to call it a night, but I've still got a few more school things to get ready before Monday.  I took my digital camera to school to take some pictures of lab results, and I have to download those pictures before I can shoot my hat.  One of these days, I might finally catch up.

1 comment: